FARFISA SOUNDMAKER MULTI INSTRUMENT9. March 2018 / No Comments / Tags: Auto Draft, FARFISA, INSTRUMENT, MULTI, Polyphonic Preset Synth, SOUNDMAKER, String Section
The Farfisa Soundmaker was built between 1979 and 1981 and was a very heavy multi instrument that consists of a mono Synthesizer section, a polyphonic section and a string section.
- Monophonic Synth
- El Bass
- El Guitar
- Free (for your own sound creating with synthesizer section)
- Touch sensor for brightness, vibrato and glide (more like an aftertouch pitch bend)
- Polyphonic Preset Synth
- Electric Piano
- Honkey Tonk
- Brass (with button to activate vibrato)
- Slider for volume and brightness
- Touch sensor for Brass brightness
- String Section
- 8″ footage
- 4″ footage
- Sustain (actually release)
The sounds are typical for these muti instruments of the time, but you could have saved space back in the day and had an average choice of monophonic sounds, polyphonic sounds and a decentsounding string synth. Somehow similar to the sought after Farfisa Synthorchestra with more features.
Probably more interesting today than back in the early 80s. But add a nice phaser effect, a bit of reverb or delay and there you go with a nice vintage sound.